The Gauge

Saturday, March 03, 2007

I never knew I could be so tired. I know people say the real tiredness comes after the baby is born, but I really do believe it'll be a relief to be just one person again. I feel like I have disagreed with a lot of what people told me about pregnancy, so maybe I'll disprove the whole "no sleep" thing, too? Hee-hee!

My appointment Thursday went well. I was full of questions, and I had a captive student midwife so I got them all answered - the "real" midwives often seem too busy to take a whole lot of time. The babe is head down, ready to make her entrance. Her heart rate is a nice 140 and she's moving more throughout the day. I haven't gained any weight in the last few weeks, which is surprising considering the fact that I've basically eaten sour cream, ice cream, cream cheese, and anything else whose main ingredient is cream. Why can't it always be like that?

Our birthing class was postponed a week. I'm not sure we'll make it to the end as we were cutting it close anyway. I suppose I'll figure it out anyway! I'm also interested in the breastfeeding class, and the infant care class....but I think we may have missed those boats
. Looks like we'll be learning lots on our own.

2 Comments:

  • At 3/03/2007 08:08:00 PM, Blogger Tricia said…

    I was definitely more tired BEFORE G was born. Sure, it's tiring after too...but it's not such a PHYSICAL tired. Just a, wow...this baby wants a lot of attention tired.

    While a breastfeeding class can help a little, until that little bambina is in your arms it's kind of too much to even imagine. You can always ask a lactation consultant to help you when you have the actual little miss in your arms and ready to eat!

    And the rest of it? Diapers are nothing. You are a smart cookie and I doubt you'd need a class on it! :O)

     
  • At 3/04/2007 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Carolyn said…

    Ditto everything Trixie says. You will feel glad to have your body back. And you will be so juked on adrenaline after she's born you won't even feel the tired for a couple of weeks.

    Remember the new mom's groups! I LOVED the lady at Providence PDX -- her name is Mary Breithaupt. Great way to force yourself out the door after the baby comes. It's easy to get a little stir crazy. And it's a great way to meet people with babes the same age!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home