The Gauge

Friday, September 22, 2006

Well, we're in our new place, but not out of our old place....stuck between two worlds. I really like the new place, but it's so hard to relax when our old apartment is just full of....stuff. Ugh. I have moved 21 times since I left home at 17 (21 times in 13 years??). You'd think I'd be used to it by now. For someone who SO BADLY wants to settle down, it seems crazy to see that number written down. In every single one of my homes, I have had every intention of staying for a while. I make each place homey and pretty (people always say things like "You've only lived here for 3 months? It feels like it's been your home for years!") and then something happens...and I leave. How depressing it seems now!

Poor Ashley and Lottie. The moods, the weeping, the exhaustion....Ashley told me last night I kept waking up and yelling at Lottie. The poor little dear! I don't remember a thing, but I'm sure she does. Oh...it gives me a stomach ache just thinking of it!

Yancy (a great neighborhood lady) brought some maternity clothes by that aren't half bad! I'm not ready for real maternity clothes yet, but I'm already showing, and busting out of all my cute skirts and t-shirts! It's too soon! I'm going to get HUGE! These clothes seem like they'll work in the meantime - they just have a lot of extra elastic.

What else? Martha Wainwright's cover of The Tower of Song is just really, really good. It's one the soundtrack to the Leonard Cohen movie that came out a few months ago (also really good.) Nick Cave's covers are awesome, too. Funny story: Ashley and I went to that movie at Cinema 21 here in Portland and we sat in the balcony. That theater is SO DARK and you really experience the movie. I got so wrapped up in the Leonard Cohen movie that I was LOSING it - crying, biting my nails, gasping (I was also getting really mad at the woman next to Ashley who kept putting her drink in front of him) to the extent that Ashley finally turned to me and said "woman, what is WRONG with you?" and I said "I don't know, I think I'm pregnant." And I was! All of about one day pregnant, but there you have it!

1 Comments:

  • At 9/22/2006 01:44:00 PM, Blogger Tricia said…

    I swear it gets better, girliebomb...the moods I mean. Just make it through the next couple weeks. Moving WITHOUT being pregnant makes me feel that way so don't beat yourself up. Plus...I am in the exact same moving boat as you...I move and move and move despire REALLY wanting to settle...and then what do I do? I move. My shirnk tells me I am running, I think he's right. But I already knew that. Anyhooo...as far as maternity clothes, as lardass as I am becoming (tee hee, what can you do but laugh about it) I still fit into a lot of my old clothes...but then...there are a lot I don't...just go with elastic!!! Also, empire waistlines can be really flattering! :O) OH!!! And GET A BELLA BAND (google it) it'll let you wear your regular jeans/pants longer (or get a knockoff one on ebay, ORRRRR they seem pretty easy to make and you are crafty!!) I think you will love it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home