The Gauge

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Dirty Secret

Holy Crap. I just spent the last two days reading Flowers in the Attic. I swear I read this when I was in 8th grade, but I didn't remeber it AT ALL. It is the trashiest, most wonderful book I have read in years. I think I get the whole summer reading thing now.

What else should I read like this?? I want suggestions! It's the most fun ever! I might even read the whole series! Yay for getting a BA in literature, and finding you prefer V.C. Andrews to D.H. Lawrence!

1 Comments:

  • At 5/18/2006 08:01:00 PM, Blogger Carolyn said…

    Hey!
    Tried to come see you this morning but forgot about the new hours. Ugh. Will get back that way soon.

    Your 14 year old brother is living with you?!?! Holy crap. Talk about lifestyle whiplash. I'm sure you're already consulting with Darcy and Annette, who have sons the same age. Is he in school? Wow. BIG job.

    The VC Andrews comment made me want to post. You should check out Philip Pullman's trilogy that starts with the book "The Golden Compass." It's not incestuous kids in a haunted house, but it is teen lit, and it's REALLY good. I just read it last year. Kind of a cross between Lord of the Rings and Wicked. (If you've never read Wicked, you should read that too.)

    I WILL come see you soon!
    -Carolyn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home