The Gauge

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Oh! Hi Friends!

Honestly, I've wanted to write here many times, about one thing in particular, but I haven't been allowed to yet. Can you guess? You smarty pants! Ashley and I are going to have a little baby.

I'm nearing the end of my first trimester, and we saw a nice strong heartbeat a few weeks ago, so it feels safe to tell people. We are thrilled beyond belief, as many of you know. We have tried since the day we got married to get pregnant, and were becoming seriously frustrated (and a little worried) about how long it was taking. As soon as I stopped taking Advil and scheduled an appointment to talk to my ob/gyn about infertility, the magic happened.

The day we fond out will remain one of my favorite memories. I was soooo used to taking tests that came up negative...month after month after month. I had one left in a package and just went for it and waited for the inevitable let down of only one pink line. But, there it was! That second line, fainter than the other, but THERE! Ashley was still at work, so I had to wait an agonizing 4 hours for him to get home. Boy, were we out of our minds with glee for the next few days.

Then came the sheer terror and anxiety. I thought I could feel the pregnancy ending every 20 minutes. I couldn't convince myself that I, of all people, could really have a baby of my own. It was unbelievable to me. It still is some days, but I've relaxed a little and have started (almost) to get used to the idea.

A lot is going on right now. We have to move at the end of the month and haven't found a place yet. We're making the awkward (but exciting!) move from summer to fall at the shop. I've hired two new people who need to be trained. I'm on day 10 of 18 days working in a row. And I'm so tired, friends, I can barely type the words. I find myself awake most early (early!) mornings trying to quell the fears that have been so persistant my whole life, and feel all the more vivid now. I want to be a calm, nurturing parent - not caught up in my own underpants all the time. I gotta work on that, I tell ya.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home