The Gauge

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Ooof. I am on my second day with no Advil. I have had a lame 2-4/day Liqui-Gel habit for about 3 years and yesterday my doctor told me to cut it out. Consequently, I feel as if my skin is being torn off, my head is being hammered in from behind, and like I ran a marathon yesterday. Doctor? Can taking Advil really be worse for me than this? Yesterday all I could do was lay on my couch and groan. I had to have someone cover the last three hours of my shift....sad and pathetic.

You see, I get some fierce migraines and have continually for the last 11 years. If I start to feel a little twinge in my right eye - a sure sign that a migraine is coming on - and I take a handful of advil, it usually interupts the headache. This has turned into a daily thing because I live in fear of these monsters. If I get a migraine, I am unable to talk, let alone wait on customers and make lattes. These headaches have been a big source of grief and anxiety for me. Ugh. If you know someone who suffers from migraines, give them a hundred squeezes today.

My doctor gave me a new medicine to try - others in the past have failed. The thing is, I have to wait until a migraine is well and truly on it's way before I can try it, and then it may or may not work. I have honed my Advil habit so well that I can almost always trick the headaches into submission. This'll be a VERY hard habit to break, especially since my doctor said I will likely get rebound headaches. Let the fun begin!!

2 Comments:

  • At 7/15/2006 01:32:00 PM, Blogger penguindevil said…

    I'll give you two hundred squeezes when I get home!

     
  • At 7/26/2006 05:43:00 PM, Blogger gurlpurl said…

    stinky migraines! i am pouting at one for you. got your note the other day...and guess what? matt and sebs are heading to bend this weekend without me! we should hang out lovely lady and catch up...i miss you too!
    xoxoxo b
    ps. new memoir blog
    www.memoirpdx.typepad.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home