The Gauge

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Well, I went to my first post-pregnancy WW meeting today. I was nervous, but it wasn't half bad. Also? Nursing moms get a TON of points. For those of you who haven't done WW (and if you're trying to lose a little weight I HIGHLY recommend it) every food has a number of points assigned to it and you get a daily allowance of said points. Anyway, they have changed the way they calculate the number of points you get, and nursing moms get a bajillion on top of that, so I think it's doable. I'll keep you posted.

What else?

Oh! The baby! She's doing really well - sleeping more, smiling more, getting cuter every single minute. It's pretty great. In the last few days I went to Fred Meyer's and my meeting without her, which was STRANGE. I realized I hadn't been apart from her in her whole 5 weeks alive. I know that isn't rare, but it still seems funny to say it out loud. But it's good to know that I can leave her with Ashley for an hour if I need to get out by myself, just for a breather.

We're having an "event" at Mabel's tonight. I'm really nervous about it. I feel like I'm having a party and I don't think anybody will show up. If anyone in the Portland area is free tonight at 6, the author of "Punk Knits" will be at the shop signing books, giving a workshop, and showing her wares. Also? She was a rock star in the 80s! So come by and give her a high five!

Crazy crying baby in the other room and milk everywhere! Time to go!

3 Comments:

  • At 5/22/2007 05:08:00 PM, Blogger Tricia said…

    Yay for getting out of the house. And yes...ww is GREAT (with and without those extra points--which, by the way, I am tres jealous of!!!). When I was BF-ing and at WW I was able to eat a ton and still feel like I had a ton of points left.

    I am getting excited, by the way....for lots of things.

     
  • At 5/23/2007 07:11:00 PM, Blogger Little Miss Curious said…

    Congratulations from Sarah A. on cute baby Elinor. If I were less than 2,000 miles away, I would totally come to your punk knitting party, but I am living in, of all places, Montpelier, where there is a thriving fiber community.

     
  • At 5/25/2007 06:22:00 AM, Blogger Caitlin said…

    Trisha, I am getting excited, too! Also? How, if one is eating "right" is one supposed to use all of her dang points?? Especially when I don't eat meat? I actually am having a hard time with that part of the equation...

    Hi Sarah!! Yay for Montpelier! I love that town. I'm headed over to catch up on your blog now...GREAT to hear from you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home