The Gauge

Wednesday, May 09, 2007


That's just me and Little Midge at the coffee shop this afternoon.

Okay, so I'm reading this book about families who have made the switch to being TV free. It's called "Living Outside the Box" by Barbara Brock, and it's actually pretty good and not too preachy. HOWEVER, in one section she is suggesting dinner conversation starters to get your kids talking, and comes up with this gem:

"Would you rather have ice cubes for hands or not be able to tell the difference between a baby and a muffin?"

WHAT?? That's the creepiest thing I've ever heard in my life!! Ha! Can you imagine asking your five year old that question? Oh my god! I'm falling over laughing...though these actually are the kinds of things I pondered when I was a kid. Hmmm.

Sigh...all I can picture now is furiously trying to nurse a muffin in the middle of the night.

2 Comments:

  • At 5/10/2007 09:40:00 AM, Blogger Misha said…

    Such a sweet little foot! More pictures, please! And seriously, are you guys gonna go tv-free?? I can'i imagine! I totally want to lomit Blix's exposure but it will be hard to tame our own habits. Right now trying for the most part to only watch while he's sleeping or nursing.

     
  • At 5/10/2007 04:49:00 PM, Blogger Misha said…

    Wait--I have to know how you get Midge from Elinor...or is is just a sweet nickname?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home