The Gauge

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

It's Wednesday and....blah. Wenesday is my late night and I can't get into it today. I want to be watching The Singing Detective (the show , not the movie - SO GOOD) and hanging with fancy pants and the dog. I love my morning into day shifts, but sometimes these evenings can be a killer. It doesn't help that they are STILL drilling pavement across the street beginning at 7 am. Yipes.

This morning Lottie and I went on a run because I couldn't face the gym. I should have known then that it would be a day of not wanting to face things. A hide-under-the-covers day. In New York I would have called in sick (shame), bought a ton of magazines and spent the day in bed. Heaven. Those days feel ages away. Sometimes being the boss lady feels overwhelming.

But that's not to say I don't love what I do. I do! That doesn't mean I don't want to call my mom and tell her make it better for me. Pathetic.

Ha! Anyway...I assume a good night's sleep will clear the gloom. That and a month's vacation! I tell you what!

1 Comments:

  • At 6/23/2005 05:41:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    A "god night's sleep" Mabel is getting all religious on me! ACK! :-P

    I hope today is a better day dearest!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home